Molly and Sara discuss how we can work through our fears so that we can feel empowered to speak up and learn how to communicate better with one another. They provide some tools and ideas to help us take back our vocal power. Molly and Sara give some insight into the relationships in our life and how they play a role in our ability to speak up and communicate.
Our voice is important and powerful. Often times we may not speak up because we have fears such as: being misunderstood, not respected, rejected or judged. But, we are doing ourselves a disservice by not speaking up and showing the world who we truly are.
5:34-Molly and Sara ask the question “What can we do to gain back our vocal power?” and offer some ideas/questions to think about:
- Why do you feel unable to speak up?
- Are you being honest with yourself?
- Do you believe you are worth being heard?
- Why are your words important and valuable?
- What is the worst that can happen if you speak up?
- What do these words mean to you?- I AM STRONG, I AM COURAGE.
By looking at these ideas, we can start to work through feelings that may cause us not to speak up. And we can also begin to learn how to communicate better with one another. Communicating is understanding where we are at and where the other person is at. We all don’t hear and filter things the same way. If we are patient, able to validate others feelings, and have compassion and empathy, then effective communication can occur.
16:55- Molly and Sara offer some specific tools to help with communication:
- Be honest with yourself and honest with other people
- Being willing to communicate with others and learning how to change the tape in your head
- Understanding that you are going to make mistakes but you can speak up when you do
- Having courage and the knowing inside yourself to say that “I am worth being heard”
- Understanding that people absorb information and different ways, and may not hear us in the way we want them to
We must remember to empower ourselves no matter who we are talking to because our message is still important.
Hosted by Sara Courtney and Molly Rahe
For more of The Butterfly Kinection, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and our website. To receive information on special offers, new products, upcoming podcasts, new classes, or our newsletter, subscribe to our email list HERE!
Part of the Soul Zone Network